Monday, January 27, 2014

Blog Post #1

Recently I've been introduced to the idea of a writing construct. I'm not really 100% sure what it is, but I have a very vague understanding that a construct is something that is up for debate, or can be seen as a completely different idea from person to person. If you apply this to writing, I feel there are so many things in the writing world that can be perceived in so many different ways from reader to reader. Poetry, stories, or even something as simple as a text message can be interpreted in so many ways depending on who the reader is. Since I don't have much knowledge on writing constructs and it seems pretty interesting, I think it's something worth doing more research on! Something that also interests me, is texting and writing. Since we are so caught up in technology and constantly communicate via text I have noticed the decline in people's writing skills. It's almost as if we don't even notice,and think using abbreviations for everything is acceptable at all times, even when sending out something like a professional email. This is something that I've always wondered about. What the actual effects of texting more than one writes really has on a person, or what results come about from experiments conducted on this issue. The idea of writing and texting also seems like a topic that would have a bunch of information on. Although this topic is something that interests me, I haven't fully accepted this as something I'd pick as a final research project because I feel there is so much more out there I could explore! I'm a little indecisive.

No comments:

Post a Comment