Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blog #3

In class I was introduced to some new terms, as well as some terms I've heard before but never really thought about in depth. Discourse was one of those terms. What I understood was our language in use, and even patterns in the way that we talk. A brand new word for me was, lexis. A lexis is specific language within a discourse, and that there are also different perspectives within that discourse. We also talked about genres, which is like a category for something, so different perspectives within a discourse could also be because it's a different genre. Genres have their own characteristics. Cultural Knowledge was new to me. It is being part of a group that also shares the same beliefs, or even just prior knowledge in particular parts of culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment