Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Blog 5: plans for revising Long essay 1

I was a little stuck on how i was going to elaborate on my first long essay. I wasn't sure how to go about finishing it because there are so many small sub-stories that intertwine with my main story and i was also feeling a little fuzzy about the details of what i already had written. After meeting with Dr. Chandler, i was able to organize my thoughts a little better and we came up with some good ideas for how to add more detail to my story.


  • For my revision, I plan on describing the group of guys in my story more in depth. What they were known for at school and other people's reactions to them

  • There were a few scenes i had spoke about with Dr. Chandler like a time i saw him the cafeteria that i plan on describing more so the reader can imagine things better. I will describe the look of my surroundings and the way I felt that day. 

  • Something that Dr. Chandler also suggested that i really plan to work on, is a timeline. The small draft i have up is one small story of a few. The stories are spaced out over the course of a few years and initially, i didn't know if i should or even how to incorporate them in my draft without going off topic or being all over the place. Dr. Chandler suggested I make a kind of timeline out of my story and put these small stories together in chronological order and connect them to one another. I like this idea a lot and that's something i plan to work on for this story as it'll change the whole feel of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment