Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blog Post 19 -Introduction

So far, this is what I have come up with for an introduction. I am not sure if I am making a clear focus when I say I want to know how students really feel about plagiarism because it seems kind of broad. The introduction is still in the works...

"Plagiarism steadily seems to be on the rise as students today have unlimited access to the web and know their way around it. Many researchers have tried to dig deeper into the reasons why students feel compelled to plagiarize. In most of these studies, teachers were asked about times they've had to deal with their students cheating, samples were examined and scholars were interviewed on their thoughts about plagiarism and why it seems to be such a big issue today. But what do the students think about plagiarism and why they seem to be doing it more and more? In my study, I want to focus on how students really feel about plagiarism, and why they think their peers (and themselves) are compelled to use the web for "help". I have conducted and interview with a college student who has a lot of his on thoughts on the matter. "


This past weekend I was also supposed to do a follow up interview with my participant but he had to cancel. We have rescheduled for Tonight, so I am hoping after asking him some new questions I can make my focus more clear and tweak my intro a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment